Hundreds of new businesses crop up every year in the Bay Area, and it’s been estimated that up to 80% of new companies fail and end up closing within the first two years of operation. So what’s the secret of the successful 20%? Having solid startup lawyer in San Francisco and implementing a strategic plan for growth can set you up to join the prosperous minority, and here at Primum Law, our San Francisco business formation attorneys are committed to helping you create a startup that will last. Entrepreneurs can benefit from the guidance of an experienced business startup lawyers in San Francisco, and rest easy at night knowing their future is in good hands.
There are a lot of things to consider when building a new business, and our San Francisco business formation attorneys are here to help with things like:
- Formation of entities, LLCs, corporations, and other business structures
- Gathering all required documentation and ensuring correct completion
- Crafting commercial contracts and agreements
- Employment and human resources counseling and contracts
- Organizing stockholder options, outside investments, and agreements between company founders
- Trademark and intellectual property (IP) registration and protection
- Creating corporate governance structures and policies
- Tech startup advice
Don’t attempt to form your new business without consulting with an experienced startup lawyer in San Francisco first. If you want to create something that will stand the test of time, and bring you financial stability for years to come, Primum Law is here to help. Reach out to us today to see how we can get your new company off the ground.
As business lawyers, we love innovation and entrepreneurship. We work with seed- and early- stage companies and startups, helping them refine business, financing and technology strategies to help enable rapid growth.
We offer start-ups in their first year a comprehensive legal start-up package for the formation corporation structured for a venture capital investment. We provide this package for a fixed fee of $3,850 (plus out-of-pocket expenses).
As experienced startup lawyers, we understand no startup is the same so your business may not need everything listed below. In that case, call one of our business startup attorneys to discuss your needs and to price other options.
This Legal Startup Package for Entrepreneurs and Startups consists of the following documents and services:
- Reservation of corporate name
- Preparation and filing of Certificate of Incorporation
- Preparation of Bylaws and Certificate of Secretary
- Preparation of Action By Incorporator
- Preparation of Organizational Board Consent regarding organization and corporate governance matters
- Preparation and filing of Form SS-4 Application for Employer Identification Number (and state tax application for state where the business is located)
- Preparation and filing of qualification to do business as a foreign corporation in the state in which the company is located (if applicable)
- Preparation and organization of corporate records and minutes book
- Preparation of Stockholder Consent regarding the following organization and corporate governance matters:
- Approval of form of Indemnification Agreement for officers and directors
- Preparation of form of Indemnification Agreement for officers and directors
- Preparation of Founders’ Restricted Stock Purchase
- Agreements for up to four Founders (with standard vesting terms)
- Preparation of Stock Certificates and Receipts for up to four Founders
- Preparation of 83(b) Elections for Founders
Employment and Consulting Matters
- Preparation of form of At-Will Employment Offer Letter
- Preparation of form of Employee Confidentiality and Inventions Agreement
- Preparation of form of Independent Contractor Services Agreement
Intellectual Property Matters
- Preparation of form of Unilateral (One Way) Nondisclosure Agreement (NDA)
- Preparation of form of Mutual (2-Way) Nondisclosure Agreement (NDA)
- Preparation of Assignment of Intellectual Property from Founders to the company
In addition to these documents and filings, we also provide one hour of advice and consultation with a startup attorney and/or document review and negotiation on matters of your choice. These latter may include topics such as employment; real estate (office or store leases); intellectual property; venture capital and/or angel investor term sheets; private placement memorandums (PPMs); fund raising; business plans; negotiating, reviewing, drafting, and execution of other business related agreements.